Blatherwycke is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Blatherwick
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1621
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
- King's Cliffe
- Apethorpe with Woodnewton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLATHERWICK, or Blatherwycke, a parish in Oundle district, Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 5 miles ESE of Seaton r. station, and 6 NW by N of Oundle. It comprises the ancient parishes of Holy Trinity and St. Mary Magdalene, united in 1448; and has a post office under Wansford. Acres, 1,975. Real property, £2,141. Pop., 189. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. Blatherwick Hall is the seat of S. O'Brien, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £394. Patron, S. O'Brien, Esq. The church has a brass of Sir H. Stafford, of 1548; and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Oundle
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Weldon
Poor Law Union: Oundle