Barnack is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Southorpe, Pilsgate, and Pilesgate.
Alternative names: Southorpe with Walcot
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1711
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Stamford St George with St Paul
- Stamford Baron St Martin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARNACK, a village, a parish, and a subdistrict in the district of Stamford; the village and the parish in Northampton, the subdistrict variously in Northampton, Lincoln, Huntingdon, and Rutland. The village stands 1½ mile SSE of Uffington r. station, and 3½ ESE of Stamford; and has a post office under Stamford. Pop., 569. Houses, 137. The parish includes also the hamlets of Pilsgate and Southorpe. Acres, 4,440. Real property, £8,699. Pop., 947. Houses, 202. The property is divided among a few. Building-stone is extensively quarried; and was furnished hence for Peterborough and Ely cathedrals, and for several other churches. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,025. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church is partly early Norman, and in very good condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and a poors' estate yielding annually £73. The subdistrict contains sixteen parishes. Acres, 28,722. Pop., 5,692. Houses, 1,148.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Stamford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Peterborough
Poor Law Union: Stamford