Barby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Onley and Olney.
Alternative names: Barby with Onley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Ashby St Ledgers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARBY, a village and a parish in the district of Rug by and county of Northampton. The village stands near the Oxford canal, 1½ mile from the Kilsby tunnel of the Northwestern railway, 4 miles NW of Crick r. station, and 4½ SE of Rugby; and has a post office under Rugby. The parish is called also Barby-with-Onley. Acres, 2,535. Real property, £6,960. Pop., 645. Houses, 156. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £1,150. Patron, John Jackson, Esq. The church is good. Charities and town lands, £121.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Daventry
Poor Law Union: Rugby