Bainton is a chapelry of Ufford Ancient Parish in Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ashton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1713
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1717
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- West Deeping
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BAINTON, or Badington, a parish in the district of Stamford and county of Northampton; near the river Welland, 2 miles ESE of Uffington r. station, and 4½ E by S of Stamford. Post Town, Uffington under Stamford. Acres, 760. Real property, £1,730. Pop., 217. Houses, 42. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Ufford, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is early English. Charities, £51.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Stamford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Peterborough (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Peterborough
Poor Law Union: Stamford