Aston le Walls is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Other places in the parish include: Appletree.
Alternative names: Ashton le Walls
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Chipping Warden
- Woodford cum Membris
- Claydon with Mollington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASTON-LE-WALLS, a parish in the district of Banbury and county of Northampton; on the verge of the county, on the Roman road to Dorchester, near the Oxford canal, 4½ miles NE of Cropredy r. station, and 8 NNE of Banbury. It includes the hamlet of Appletree; and its Post Town is Chipping-Warden under Banbury. Acres, 1,270. Real property, £3,436. Pop., 221. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £535. Patron, St. John's College, Oxford. The church is of the 13th century. The Roman Catholics have a chapel and a school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Banbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Brackley
Poor Law Union: Banbury
Hundred: Chipping Warden