Ashton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1682
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1707
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Grafton Regis
- Salcey and Hartwell Lodges
- Stoke Bruerne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHTON, a parish in Potterspury district, Northampton; on the Northwestern railway and the Grand Junction canal, near Salcey forest and the Blisworth tunnel, 1½ mile SSE of Roade r. station, and 7 S of Northampton. Post Town, Roade under Northampton. Acres, 1,290. Real property, £1,787. Pop., 374. Houses, 84. The property is divided among a few. The inhabitants have a right of common in Salcey forest. The living is a rectory in the dio. of Peterborough. Value, £275. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good; and there are Baptist and Methodist chapels, and charities £20.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Potterspury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Preston
Poor Law Union: Potterspury