Arthingworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1650
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
- Aldwincle St Peter
- Great Weldon
- Oundle with Ashton
- Apethorpe with Woodnewton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ARTHINGWORTH, a parish in the district of Market-Harborough, and county of Northampton; on an affluent of the river Nen, 1¾ mile NW of Kelmarsh r. station, and 5 S by E of Market-Harborough. Post Town, Kelmarsh under Northampton. Acres, 2,030. Real property, £3,056. Pop., 275. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. Arthingworth Hall is the seat of the family of Rokeby. The parish is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Petersborough. Value, £323. Patron, the Rev. H. R. Rokeby. Charities, £39.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Market Harborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Rothwell
Poor Law Union: Market Harborough