Alderton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Alternative names: Aldrington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1597
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1704
- Grafton Regis
- Stoke Bruerne
- Potterspury with Yardley Gobion
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALDERTON, a parish in Potterspury district, Northampton; near Watling-street, the Tove river, and the Grand Junction canal, 3¼ miles W of Roade r. station, and 3½ SE of Towcester. Post Town, Towcester. Acres, 910. Real property, £1,292. Pop., 131. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. Lace-making is carried on. The living is a rectory, annexed to Grafton Regis, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is modern, and in the perpendicular English style. Charities, £4 and five poors' cottages.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1869 - Google Books
Kelly Post Office Directory of Northamptonshire 1885 - Archive.org
Civil Registration District: Potterspury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Preston
Poor Law Union: Potterspury