Yelverton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Alternative names: Alpington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1686
- Framingham Pigot
- Bergh Apton
- Framingham Earl
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YELVERTON, a parish in Loddon district, Norfolk; 5 miles E of Swainsthorpe r. station, and 6 SE of Norwich. Post town, Framingham-Earl, under Norwich. Acres, 539. Real property, £1,054. Pop., 59. Houses, 15. The manor belongs to the Earl of Rosebery. The living is a rectory, united with Alpington, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £408. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Charities, £57.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Loddon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk
Rural Deanery: Brooke
Poor Law Union: Loddon and Clavering