Yaxham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1686
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1698
- East Dereham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YAXHAM, a parish, with a village, in Mitford district, Norfolk; on the Wymondham and Dereham railway, 2 miles SSE of East Dereham. It has a post-office under Thetford, and a r. station. Acres, 1,596. Real property, £3,868. Pop., 479. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £500. Patron, the Rev. W.Johnson. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £4 and 20 acres of fuel allotment.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Mitford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk
Rural Deanery: Hingham
Poor Law Union: Mitford and Launditch