Wolferton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Alternative names: Wolverton, Woolferton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1600
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- North Wootton
- Castle Rising
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOLVERTON, or Wolferton, a parish, with a village, in free bridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; on the Lynn and Hunstanton railway, 6 miles N by E of Lynn. It has a post-office under Lynn, and a r. station. Acres, 5,634; of which 2,920 are foreshore in the Wash. Real property, 2,651. Pop., 179. Houses, 30. The property belongs to the Prince of Wales. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £263. Patron, the Bishop of N. The church was recently repaired. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Freebridge Lynn
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich
Rural Deanery: Lynn
Poor Law Union: Freebridge Lynn
Hundred: Freebridge Lynn