Winfarthing is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1614
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1691
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WINFARTHING, a parish, with a village, in Guilt-cross district, Norfolk; 3 miles NW of Burston r. station, and 4 NNW of Diss. It has a post-office under Diss, and a fair on 25 June. Acres, 2,620. Real property, £5,080. Pop., 615. Houses, 146. The property is much subdivided. The manor belonged once to the Crown; went, in the time of Henry III., to Sir W. Munchesny; and belongs now to the Earl of Albemarle. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £580. Patron, the Earl of Albemarle. The church is old. There are two Methodist chapels, and charities £124.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Guiltcross
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk
Rural Deanery: Redenhall
Poor Law Union: Guiltcross