Wimbotsham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1562
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1698
Nonconformists include: Methodist, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist Reform.
- Stow Bardolph
- Downham Market
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIMBOTSHAM, a parish, with a village, in Downham district, Norfolk; 1½ mile NE of Downham r. station. It has a post-office under Downham. Acres, 2,015. Real property, £3,995. Pop. in 1851, 606; in 1861, 508. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to Sir T. Hare, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to Stow-Bardolph. The church was restored in 1854. There are two Methodist chapels.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Downham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk
Rural Deanery: Fincham
Poor Law Union: Downham