Wicklewood is an Ancient Parish in the county of Norfolk.
Alternative names: Wicklewood All Saints, Wicklewood St Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1691
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Morley St Botolph
- Morley St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WICKLEWOOD, a parish, with a village, in Forehoe district, Norfolk; 2¾ miles WNW of Wymondham r. station. Post town, Wymondham. Acres, 1,564. Real property, £3,978. Pop. in 1861, 806; of whom 141 were in Forehoe workhouse. Houses, 146. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £356. Patrons, A.H. Percy, Esq., and the Rev. M. B. Darby. The church was restored in 1868. There are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and a poors' allotment of 12 acres.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Forehoe
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk
Rural Deanery: Hingham
Poor Law Union: Forehoe