Harley Parish Registers 1590-1812

Harley Parish Registers 1590-1812

Shropshire Parish Registers Diocese of Lichfield Vol. II (1901)

Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society

General editor; W. P. W. Phillimore

Publisher: Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society

Cleobury North Shropshire Genealogy & Family History

Last updated on July 21st, 2017

Cleobury North is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.

Parish registers begin: 1680

Parishes contiguous to Cleobury North

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
  • Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
  • Hundred: Stottesdon
  • Province: Canterbury

Family History Links

FamilySearch

Birth, Marriage, & Death

England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

England Marriages, 1538–1973

England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991

Census

England and Wales Census, 1851

England and Wales Census, 1861

England and Wales Census, 1871

England and Wales Census, 1881

England and Wales Census, 1891

England and Wales Census, 1901

England and Wales Census, 1911

Military

United Kingdom, World War I Service Records, 1914-1920

 

Products from Amazon.co.uk

Photo of SS Peter & Paul, Cleobury North by Geoff Pick, some rights reserved.

Ditton Priors Shropshire Family History & Genealogy

Last updated on July 21st, 2017

Ditton Priors is an Ancient Parish in the county of Shropshire.

Other places in the parish include: Middleton Priors and Ashfield with Ruthall.

Alternative Names: Priors Ditton

Church: St. John the Baptist

Parish registers begin: 1673

Nonconformists in Ditton Priors include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.

Historical Description

Priors Ditton, or Ditton Priors, is a township and extensive parish, in the Southern division of the county, partly in the franchise of Wenlock and the hundred of Munslow, Bridgnorth union, and diocese of Hereford, eight miles from Bridgnorth and 13 from Ludlow railway station. The church of St. John the Baptist is an old stone building, partly in the Norman and Saxon styles, repaired in 1861, and contains several ancient monuments. The living is a vicarage, yearly value £147, with a residence and 244 acres of glebe land, in the gift of Philip Henry Howard, Esq. There is a Wesleyan chapel. The charities are of £6 yearly value. Here are lime works. Fairs are held on the 10th of May and the 25th of October yearly, for cattle, sheep, and pigs. Philip Henry Howard, Esq., is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is various; the subsoil is clay. The area is 5,442 acres, and the population in 1861 was 613; gross estimated rental, £3,852; rateable value, £3,640.

Middleton Priors, with Netchwood Common, is a township in the parish of, and one mile north-east from, Priors Ditton, and in the franchise of Wenlock; there is a Catholic school, built by the present lord of the manor, who pays for the gratuitous education of the children. The school is capable of accommodating about sixty children. Middleton Hall is the seat of Philip Henry Howard, Esq., who is lord of the manor. There is a Catholic chapel attached; the Rev. Francis O’Neil, of Bridgnorth, is priest.

Ruthnall, with Ashfield, is a township, in the hundred of Munslow and parish of Priors Ditton, half a mile west from the latter place.
Source: Edward Cassey & Co’s, History, Gazetteer, and Directory of Shropshire 1871

Parishes contiguous to Ditton Priors

Administration

  • County: Shropshire
  • Civil Registration District: Bridgnorth
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Hereford
  • Rural Deanery: Stottesdon
  • Poor Law Union: Bridgnorth
  • Hundred: Munslow
  • Province: Canterbury

Family History Links

FamilySearch

Birth, Marriage, & Death

Census

England and Wales Census, 1841

England and Wales Census, 1851

England and Wales Census, 1861

England and Wales Census, 1871

England and Wales Census, 1881

England and Wales Census, 1891

England and Wales Census, 1901

England and Wales Census, 1911

Military

United Kingdom, World War I Service Records, 1914-1920

 

Photo of St. John the Baptist, Ditton Priors. by Geoff Pick, some rights reserved.

The Register of Minsterley Independent Chapel 1806-1837

The Register of Minsterley Independent Chapel 1806-1837

Shropshire parish registers : Nonconformist and Roman Catholic registers (1903)

Author: Shropshire Parish Register Society; Evans, George Eyre; Fletcher, W. G. D. (William George Dimock), 1851-1935; Kinsella, William

Publisher: [London] : Privately printed for the Shropshire Parish Register Society

Minsterley Independent Chapel
Register of Births and Baptisms

This is a large thin volume, with printed headings, 16 ½ inches tall and 10 ½ inches broad, and extends from 1806 to 1837. It is No. 46 of the Shropshire Non-Parochial Registers, preserved at Somerset House. The Ministers who sign are George Ryder 1806 to 1815, John Jones Beynon 1817 to 1825, Thomas James 1825 to 1832, and Thomas Jones 1833 to 1837. There is a column for the signatures of parents, but few of there are filled in, and up to 1829 they are generally signed with a mark. The Chapel was founded in 1795.