Wood Green is a chapelry of Tottenham All Hallows Ancient Parish in Middlesex.
Other places in the parish include: Alexandra Park.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Tottenham Holy Trinity
- Tottenham All Hallows
- Friern Barnet
- Upper Edmonton
- Hornsey St Mary
- Muswell Hill St James
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOD-GREEN, a ward and a chapelry in Tottenham parish, Middlesex. The ward lies on the Great Northern railway, at Alexandra Park, 6 miles N of St. Paul's, London; and has a post-office under Tottenham, London N, and a r. station. Pop. in 1851, 1,269; in 1861, 3,154. Houses, 565. The chapelry is less extensive than the ward, and was constituted in 1866. Pop., about 4,000. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of London. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Tottenham. The Royal Masonic school for boys, a very fine building, is here. The Printers' and Fishmongers' alms houses also are here; and the latter is an imposing edifice in florid Tudor style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Edmonton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Edmonton