West Drayton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Middlesex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYTON (West), a parish in Uxbridge district, Middlesex; on the river Colne, the Grand Junction canal, and the Great Western railway, at the boundary with Bucks, 3 miles S of Uxbridge. It has a station on the railway, and a post office‡ under Uxbridge. Acres, 850. Real property, £4,844. Pop., 951. Houses, 179. The manor belonged to the Dean and Chapter of St. Pauls; was given by Henry VIII. to the Pagets; and passed to the De Burghs. Much of the land is disposed in market and fruit gardens. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; and, till 1868, was annexed to Harmondsworth. Value and patron, not reported. The church is a Norman structure, with an embattled tower; and has an octagonal figured font, and some monuments. There are a national school, and charities £18.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Uxbridge
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul's Cathedral
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Uxbridge