Wembley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Middlesex, created in 1847 from Harrow on the Hill Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Preston and Alperton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Independent/Congregational.
- Ealing St Mary
- Harrow on the Hill
- Hanwell St Mary
- West Twyford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WEMBLEY, a chapelry in Harrow-on-the-Hill parish, Middlesex; near Sudbury r. station, and 2½ miles SE of Harrow. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post town is Harrow. Pop., 896. Houses, 163. The manor belonged to Kilburn priory; went, at the dissolution, to R. Andrews and L. Chamberlayne; passed soon to the Pages; and, with W. Park, belongs now to the Rev. J. E. Gray. W. House is the seat of J. T. Woolley, Esq.; and Oakington Park, of the Hon. Col. Talbot. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £163. Patrons, Misses Copland. The church is modern and was recently enlarged.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales Wilson, John M. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. 1870-72.
Civil Registration District: Hendon
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar Jurisdiction of the Archbishop of Canterbury in the Deaneries of the Arches, Croydon and Shoreham
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Hendon