Feltham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Middlesex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1634
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Sunbury on Thames
- Twickenham St Mary the Virgin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FELTHAM, a village and a parish in Staines district, Middlesex. The village stands on the Richmond Extension railway, near the Longford river, 4¼ miles E by N of Staines; has a station on the railway with telegraph, and a post office‡ under Hounslow, London W; and is a pleasant rural place, environed by many ornate dwellings. The parish comprises 2,620 acres. Real property, £6,615. Pop. in 1851, 1,109; in 1861, 1,837. Houses, 306. The increase of pop. arose partly from the facilities of railway communication with London, and partly from the establishment of industrial and Welsh schools. The manor belonged, at Domesday, to Earl Mortaigne; passed to the Cottingtons, the Beauclercs, and others; was held, in 1537, by Henry VIII.; went to the Veres; and belongs now to Messrs. Barnett and Birch. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £302. Patron, W. J. Jemmett, Esq. The church occupies the site of an ancient one; was built in 1802, and enlarged in 1856; and has a tower and spire. There are chapels for Independents and Wesleyans. Charities, £90.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Staines
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Staines