Enfield St James is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Middlesex, created in 1832 from Enfield St Andrew Ancient Parish.

Alternative names:

Parish church: St. James

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1834
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1834

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

See also Enfield St Andrew

A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848

A district church, dedicated to St. James, has been erected on Enfield Highway, in the division of Green-Street and Ponder’s-End; it is a handsome structure in the early English style, with a square embattled tower ornamented by pinnacles at the angles. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £150; patron, the Vicar of Enfield.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848

Parish Records

See Enfield St Andrew

Middlesex

England, Middlesex Parish Registers, 1539-1988

England, Middlesex, Westminster, Parish Registers, 1538-1912

England, Middlesex, Westminster, Parish Registers, 1538-1912 Browse Images

Middlesex Military Service Appeal Tribunal 1916-1918

Administration

  • County: Middlesex
  • Civil Registration District: Edmonton
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)
  • Diocese: London
  • Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
  • Poor Law Union: Edmonton
  • Hundred: Edmonton
  • Province: Canterbury

Similar Posts