Bedfont is an Ancient Parish in the county of Middlesex.
Alternative names: Bedfont
Other places in the parish include: Hatton.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Primitive Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to East Bedfont
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BEDFONT (East), a village and a parish in Staines district, Middlesex. The village stands adjacent to the Southwestern railway, near Feltham station, 3½ miles ENE of Staines; and has a post office, of the name of Bedfont, under Hounslow. The parish includes also the hamlet of Hatton. Acres, 1,856. Real property, £6,497. Pop., 1,150. Houses, 237. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £288. Patron, the Bishop of London. The church is ancient, has a Saxon porch, and has been enlarged and improved. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Staines
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Staines