Cranford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Middlesex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1564
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629-30; 1639; 1800
- Southall Green St John
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CRANFORD, a parish in Staines district, Middlesex; on the right bank of the river Crane, opposite Cranford village. It contains the village of Cranford-Bridge; and its post town is Cranford, under Hounslow, London, W. Acres, 721. Real property, £3,155. Pop., 530. Houses, 93. The manor belonged once to the Knights of St. John, and to Thame abbey; and belongs now to Earl Fitzhardinge. Cranford Park is the Earl’s seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London. Value, £250. Patron, Lord Fitzhardinge. The church is Norman; and has monuments of the Astons, the Berkeleys, and Dr. Thomas Fuller, author of the “Church History. ” Charities, £8. Dr. Fuller and Bishop Wilkins were rectors.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Staines
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex
Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
Poor Law Union: Staines