Bethnal Green St James the Less, Middlesex Family History Guide

Bethnal Green St James the Less is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Middlesex, created in 1843 from Bethnal Green St Matthew Ecclesiastical Parish; located on St James’s Road.

Alternative names:

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1843
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist and Independent/Congregational.

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

See Bethnal Green St Matthew

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Middlesex
  • Civil Registration District: Bethnal Green
  • Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (London Division)
  • Diocese: London
  • Rural Deanery: Not created until 1858
  • Poor Law Union: Bethnal Green
  • Hundred: Ossulstone (Tower Division)
  • Province: Canterbury