Ingoldsby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Lincolnshire.
Other places in the parish include: Scotland.
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1566
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1561
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
INGOLDSBY, a village and a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln. The village stands 4½ miles NNE of Corby r. station, and 8 SE of Grantham; and has a post-office under Grantham. The parish contains also the hamlet of Scotland. Acres, 2, 237. Real property, £3, 663. Pop., 427. Houses, 81. The manor and most of the land belong to Lord Aveland. There is an ancient circular camp, about 500 feet in diameter, with several tumuli called the Round Hills. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £600. Patron, Christ’s College, Cambridge. The church is Norman and later English, in good condition; and has a tower. The Rectory house was built in 1847, and is a handsome edifice, in the Gothic style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].