Burton upon Stather is an Ancient Parish in the county of Lincolnshire.
Other places in the parish include: Thealby, Normanby, Coleby near Barton on Humber, and Coleby.
Alternative names: Burton-upon-Stather, Burton on Stather
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1567
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Roxby cum Risby
Luddington with Garthorpe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURTON-UPON-STATHER, a village and a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln. The village stands on a “staith” or creek of the river Trent, near that river’s mouth, 3 miles NNE of Keadby r. station, and 11½ NW of Glanford-Brigg. It has a post-office, of the name of Burton, under Brigg; it figured formerly as a considerable market town; it serves now as a depôt station for the Hull and Gainsborough steam-vessels; and it carries on a considerable trade in meal. The parish includes also the hamlets of Normandy, Thealby, and part of Coleby. Acres, 3,860. Real property, £6,038. Pop., 983. Houses, 222. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Flixborough, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is of the 13th century, and in good condition. There are two Methodist chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].