Barlings is an Ancient Parish in the county of Lincolnshire.
Other places in the parish include: West Langworth and Langworth.
Alternative names: Barlings and Langworth
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1626
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1559
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Stainton by Langworth
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARLINGS, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 2½ miles SE of Reepham r. station, and 7 ENE its Post Town is Nettleham under Lincoln. Acres, 2,630. Real property, £3,117. Pop., 475. Houses, 96. The property is subdivided. A Premonstratensian abbey was founded, in 1154, at Barling-Grange; and afterwards refounded at Oxeney; and was given, at the dissolution, to Charles, Duke of Suffolk. The last abbot of it, Dr. Mackerel, was executed at Tyburn, in 1537, for heading the Lincoln insurrection against the Crown. Only a few mutilated pillars of the edifice now remain. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value,£55. Patrons, T. T. Drake andTurner, Esqs. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].