Woodville is an Ecclesiastical Parish created in 1847 from Ashby de la Zouch Ancient Parish (Leicestershire) and Hartshorne Ancient Parish; partly in Derbyshire and partly in Leicestershire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1847
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Ashby de la Zouch Holy Trinity
- Church Gresley
- Cole Orton
- Normanton le Heath
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOODVILLE, a chapelry in Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Hartshorn-parishes, Leicester; 3½ miles NW of Ashby-de-la-Zonch r. station. It was constituted in 1847; and it has a post-office under Burton-upon-Trent. Pop., 1,408. Houses, 259. The manor belongs to the Countess Loudoun. The manufacture of earthenware, fire-bricks, and sanitary ware is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £116. Patron, the Bishop of P. The church was built in 1846. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
County: Leicestershire; Derbyshire
Civil Registration District: Ashby de la Zouch
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Leicester; Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Diocese: Peterborough; Lichfield
Rural Deanery: Akeley; Repton
Poor Law Union: Ashby de la Zouch
Hundred: West Goscote; Repton and Gresley