Shackerstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Leicestershire.
Other places in the parish include: Odstone and Odestone.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1562
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Norton juxta Twycross
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHACKERSTONE, a township and a parish in Market-Bosworth district, Leicester. The township lies 3 miles NW of Market-Bosworth, and 5 W by S of Bagworth r. station; and has a postal pillar-box under Atherstone. Acres, 1,920. Real property, £1,930. Pop., 278. Houses, 62. The parish contains also Odstone hamlet, and comprises 2,653 acres. Pop., 462. Houses, 100. The manor belongs to Earl Howe. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £150. Patron, Earl Howe. The church is old but good. There are an endowed school with £17 a year, and charities £8.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Market Bosworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Leicester
Rural Deanery: Sparkenhoe
Poor Law Union: Market Bosworth