Ravenstone is an Ancient Parish mostly in Leicestershire and partly in Derbyshire.
Alternative names: Ravenstone with Snibston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1705
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1673
- Normanton le Heath
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAVENSTONE, a village in Leicester, and a parish partly also in Derby, but all in the district of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. The village stands 2 miles W of Coalville r.station, and 4 SE of Ashby-de-la-Zouch; and has a post-office under Ashby-de-la-Zouch. The parish comprises 550 acres in Leicester, and 580 in Derby. Real property, £2,520. Pop., 248 and 144. Houses, 54 and 55. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to L. Fosbrooke, Esq. R. House is the residence of the Rev. R. G. Cresswell. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £320. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is early English, in good condition; and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and an alms-house-hospital for 36 women.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Parish Records - FamilySearch
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Ashby de la Zouch
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Hartshorn
Poor Law Union: Ashby de la Zouch
Hundred: Repton and Gresley