Norton juxta Twycross is an Ancient Parish in the county of Leicestershire. Bilstone is a chapelry of Norton juxta Twycross.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1686
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1564
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Orton on the Hill
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NORTON-JUXTA-TWYCROSS, a village, a township, and a parish in Market-Bosworth district, Leicester. The village stands 1 mile E of the boundary with Warwick, 5¼ NE of Polesworth r. station, and 7 N by E of Atherstone; and has a post-office under Atherstone. The township includes the village, and comprises 2,340 acres. Real property, £3,433. Pop., 335. Houses, 71. The parish contains also the township of Bilstone, and comprises 2,910 acres. Real property, £4,712. Pop., 451. Houses, 96. The manor belongs to Earl Howe. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £375. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is old, and has a tower and short spire. There are a national school, and charities £16. Whiston was a native, and his father was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Market Bosworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Leicester
Rural Deanery: Sparkenhoe
Poor Law Union: Market Bosworth