Dadlington, a chapelry in Hinckley parish, Leicester; on the Ashby-de-la-Zouch canal, 3 ½ miles NNW of Hinckley r. station. Post-town, Hinckley. Acres, 870. Real property, £2,192. Pop., 216. Houses, 49. Stocking-making is carried on. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Hinckley, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old and small; and there is an Independent chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].