Urswick is an Ancient Parish in the county of Lancashire.
Other places in the parish include: Stainton, Little Urswick, Great Urswick, Bolton with Adgarley, Birkrig Common, Bardsea, and Adgarley.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1608
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1634
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Ulverston Holy Trinity
- Dalton in Furness
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
URSWICK, a parish, with four townships, in Ulverston district, Lancashire; 3 miles SSW of Ulverston r. station. Post town, Ulverston. Acres, 4,100. Real property, £8,650; of which £400 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 891; in 1861, 1,080. Houses, 215. The property is much subdivided. Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £300. Patrons, the Landowners. The church was recently restored. The p. curacy of Bardsea is a separate benefice. There are an endowed school with £15 a year, and charities £23.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ulverstone
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Furness
Rural Deanery: Furness and Cartmel
Poor Law Union: Ulverston