Ringley is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1719 from Prestwich St Mary Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1719
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1773
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RINGLEY, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; on the river Irwell, and on the Manchester and Bury and Manchester and Bolton railways, 6¼ miles NW of Manchester. It has a station, of the name of Ringley-Road, on the M. and Bury railway; and its post town is Bolton. Pop., 800. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £250. Patron, the Rector of Prestwich. The church was built in 1851.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Bury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Prestwich
- Poor Law Union: Prestwich
- Hundred: Salford
- Province: York