Ribby cum Wrea is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1759 from chapelry in Kirkham Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Wrea.
Alternative names: Ribby, Ribby with Wrea
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1847
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RIBBY-WITH-WREA, a township and a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire. The township lies on the Wyre railway, at Wrea-Green r. station, 1¾ mile Wby S of Kirkham; and contains the village of Wrea-Green, which has a wall-box for Kirkham pest-office, under Preston. Acres, 1,366. Real property, £2,832. Pop., 444. Houses, 87. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to H. H. Hornby, Esq. The chapelry is more extensivethan the township. Pop., 918. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £115. Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1849. There are an endowed school and charities, with aggregately £148.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Fylde
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Amounderness
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Amounderness
- Poor Law Union: Fylde
- Hundred: Amounderness
- Province: York