Rampside is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1743 from Dalton in Furness Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Yarleside Division.
Alternative names: Dalton in Furness Rampside
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RAMPSIDE, a village and a chapelry in Dalton-in-Furness parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, 1 mile NNE of Peel r. station, and 5¼ S by E of Dalton; consists of a few scattered dwellings; is coming into some repute as a watering-place; and has a post-office under Ulverstone, and an inn. The chapelry has no defined limits. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £105. Patron, the Vicar of Dalton. The church is old but good; and there is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Ulverstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Furness
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: Furness and Cartmel
- Poor Law Union: Ulverston
- Hundred: Lonsdale
- Province: York