Quernmore is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1836 from Lancaster St Mary Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Quernmoor, Quernmoore
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1856
Nonconformists include: Quaker, Independent Methodist and Roman Catholic.
- Caton with Littledale
- Lancaster St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
QUERNMOOR, a township-chapelry in Lancaster parish, Lancashire; 3 miles ESE of Lancaster r. station. Post-town, Lancaster. Acres, 6,593. Real property, £5,611. Pop., 563. Houses, 104. Q. Park and most of the land belong to W. J. Garnett, Esq. Escowbeck Hall is the seat of J. Greg, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £170. Patron, the Vicar of Lancaster. The church was rebuilt in 1861, at a cost of £3,000; and is in the decorated English style, with a tower. There are a Quakers’ chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Lancaster
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Amounderness
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Amounderness
- Poor Law Union: Caton Gilbert Union
- Hundred: Lonsdale
- Province: York