Padgate is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1838 from Warrington St Elfin Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PADGATE, a village and a chapelry in Warrington parish, Lancashire. The village stands 1 mile N of the river Mersey at the boundary with Cheshire, and 2½ NE of Warrington r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Warrington. Pop. in 1861, 1,510. Houses, 296. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, £120. Patron, the Rector of Warrington.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Warrington
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: Winwick
- Poor Law Union: Warrington
- Hundred: West Derby
- Province: York