Paddington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1846 from Pendleton Ecclesiastical Parish and Salford Christ Church Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Salford Paddington St Paul
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1846
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1855
- Salford St Bartholomew
- Barton upon Irwell
- Stretford St Matthew
- Salford Christ Church
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PADDINGTON, a chapelry in Eccles and Manchester parishes, Lancashire; in the W vicinity of Manchester city. It was constituted in 1848; and its post town is Manchester. Rated property, £13,627. Pop. in 1861, of the Eccles portion, 5,243; of the Manchester portion, 1,245. Houses, 1,024 and 259. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Salford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Eccles
- Poor Law Union: Salford
- Hundred: Salford
- Province: York