Manchester Our Lady St George and St Denys Lancashire Family History

Manchester Our Lady, St George and St Denys is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Lancashire.

Other places in the parish include: Broughton, Bradford, Burnage, Crumpsall, Deansgate, Haughton, Hulme Christ Church, Kersall, London Road, Market Street, Moss Side, Moston, Redbank, St George, Withington, and Broughton with Kersall.

Parish church:

Parish registers begin: 1573

Separate registers exist for:

  • Manchester St Clement: 1793
  • Hulme Christ Church: 1810
  • Redbank: 1844
  • Withington: 1841

Nonconformists include:

Parishes adjacent to Manchester Our Lady, St George and St Denys

Historical Descriptions

See Manchester Lancashire Family History

Moss Side

A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland 1833

MOSS-SIDE, co. Pal. of Lancaster.

P. T. Manchester (182) 2 m. S. Pop. 172.

A township in the parish of Manchester and hundred of Salford.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of Great Britain and Ireland by John Gorton. The Irish and Welsh articles by G. N. Wright; Vol. II; London; Chapman and Hall, 186, Strand; 1833.

Administration

  • County: Lancashire
  • Civil Registration District: Manchester
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Manchester
  • Rural Deanery: Manchester
  • Poor Law Union: Manchester
  • Hundred: Salford
  • Province: York