Lund is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1737 from chapelry in Kirkham Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Salwick.
Alternative names: Clifton with Salwick
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1840
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1840
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LUND, a chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; at the head of the Ribble estuary, near the Preston and Wyre railway, 3 miles ESE of Kirkham. It was constituted in 1840. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Rated property, £7,429. Pop., 733. Houses, 138. Much of the property belongs to Col. J. T. Clifton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £364. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1824.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Fylde
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Amounderness
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Amounderness
- Poor Law Union: Fylde
- Hundred: Amounderness
- Province: York