Langho is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1746 from chapelry in Blackburn St Mary Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Billington, Billington Langho, Langho Billington
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1733
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1772
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
- Great Harwood
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BILLINGTON-LANGHO, a township-chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; on the Blackburn and Clitheroe railway, 5½ miles NNE of Blackburn. It has a station, of the name of Langho, on the railway; and its Post Town is Whalley, under Blackburn. Acres, 2,960. Real property, £4,719. Pop., 1,038. Houses, 205. The inhabitants are chiefly cotton-weavers. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is ancient. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, a national school, and charities £38.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The registers of the Chapels of Crosby and Langho
by Chapel of Crosby (Crosby, England); Russell, C. F. (Charles Frank), b. 1882; Leech, Ernest Bosdin, 1875-1950; Leech, E. Bosdin, Mrs; Chapel of Langho (Langho, England)
Civil Registration District: Blackburn
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Blackburn
Poor Law Union: Blackburn