Knotty Ash St John the Evangelist is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1836 from Walton on the Hill St Mary Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: West Derby St John the Evangelist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1836
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1852
- Wavertree Holy Trinity
- Derby, West St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KNOTTY-ASH, a chapelry in Walton-on-the-Hill parish, Lancashire; ½ a mile N of Broad-Green r. station, and 4 E of Liverpool. It has a post office under Liverpool, and a police station. Pop. in 1861, about 1,800. The manor belongs to the Marquis of Salisbury. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Chester. Value, not reported.* Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern, in the later English style; and contains 900 sittings. There are national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: West Derby
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Prescot
Poor Law Union: West Derby
Hundred: West Derby