Habergham Eaves is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1843 from Burnley St Peter Ecclesiastical Parish.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Burnley Habergham Eaves Holy Trinity
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1837
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Parishes adjacent to Habergham Eaves
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Habergham-Eaves, a township and a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire. The township is suburban to Burnley; includes a town continuous with Burnley; lies partly within Burnley borough; and shares in that town’s communications and employments. Acres, 4,007. Real property, £55,673; of which £7,668 are in mines, and £206 in quarries. Pop., in 1851, 12,549; in 1861, 18,013. Houses, 3,369. Pop. of the part within Burnley borough, in 1861, 11,469. Houses, 2,094. The increase of pop. arose from the erection of cotton mills. Coal is largely worked. The manor belongs to the Duke of Buccleuch; and other chief properties belong to four landowners. The chapelry is less extensive than the township; and was constituted in 1842. Pop., in 1861, 11,533. Houses, 2,195. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £350. Patrons, Hulme’s Trustees. The church stands in Trinity-street; is in the Tudor style; and consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower. There are several dissenting chapels, national schools, and charities £37.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Habergham-Eaves, a township, in the parish of Whalley, union of Burnley, N. division of the hundred of Blackburn, N. division of the county of Lancaster, 2 miles (S.W.) from Burnley; containing 8526 inhabitants. The cotton manufacture is extensively carried on. A district church, dedicated to the Trinity, has been built, containing 1090 sittings, 600 of which are free, the Incorporated Society having granted £500 in aid of the expense: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Vicar of Whalley; the incumbent has an augmentation of £62 per annum from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
Baptisms – Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks
Confirmations – Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks
Banns – Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks
Marriages – Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks
Burials – Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks
Records for England
Births and Baptism Records
War and Conflict
Civil Registration District: Burnley
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Whalley
Poor Law Union: Burnley