Great Harwood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1735 from chapelry in Blackburn St Mary Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1547
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1628
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Independent/Congregational, and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Blackburn St Michael and All Angels
- Clayton le Moors
## Historical Descriptions
### The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Blackburn
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Blackburn
Poor Law Union: Blackburn