Glodwick is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1844 from Oldham St Peter Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1604
- Ashton under Lyne St Michael
- Oldham St Mary
- Oldham St James
- Oldham St Peter
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GLODWICK, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; in the south-eastern vicinity of Oldham town and r. station. It was constituted in 1844; and its post town is Oldham. Pop., 7,200. Houses, 1,379. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Oldham
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Rochdale
Poor Law Union: Oldham