Finsthwaite is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1724 from Colton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Colton Finsthwaite St Peter, Finthwaite
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1725
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1725
- Cartmel Fell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FINSTHWAITE, or Finthwaite, a chapelry in Colton parish, Lancashire; near the foot of Windermere, 7 miles N of Cark and Cartmel r. station, and 8 NE of Ulverstone. Post town, Newby-Bridge, under Newton-in-Cartmel. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £76. Patrons, Landowners.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Ulverstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Furness
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: Furness and Cartmel
- Poor Law Union: Ulverston
- Hundred: Lonsdale
- Province: York