Field Broughton St Peter is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1748 from chapelry in Cartmel Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Cartmel Field Broughton St Peter, East Broughton, Field Broughton, Broughton Field
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1831
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1859
- Witherslack, Westmorland
- Cartmel Fell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BROUGHTON (East), or Broughton-Field, a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; 4 miles N of Cartmel r. station, and 7 NE of Ulverstone. Post Town, Cartmel, under Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,830. Real property, £4,332. Pop., 534. Houses, 107. The property is subdivided. Broughton Grove, Broughton Hall, and Broughton Lodge are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £67. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Ulverstone
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Furness
- Diocese: Chester
- Rural Deanery: Furness and Cartmel
- Poor Law Union: Ulverston
- Hundred: Lonsdale
- Province: York