Fence in Pendle is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1841 from Whalley Ancient Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Wheatley Lane, Wheatley Carr Booth, and Old Laund Booth.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1837
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1837
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FENCE-IN-PENDLE, a chapelry in Whalley parish, Lancashire; on the E border of the county, 3 miles N of Burnley r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Fence, under Burnley. It was constituted in 1845. Pop., 1,331. Houses, 257. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, not reported. Patron, W. Holden, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Burnley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Whalley
- Poor Law Union: Clitheroe
- Hundred: Blackburn
- Province: York