Dendron is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1773 from Aldingham Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Aldingham Dendron St Matthew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1788
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1803
- Dalton in Furness
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENDRON, a chapelry in Aldingham parish, Lancashire; near the Furness railway, 2 miles SE of Dalton-in-Furness. Post town, Dalton-in-Furness, Lancashire. Statistics, with the parish. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £80. Patron, the Rector of Aldingham. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Ulverstone
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Furness
Rural Deanery: Furness and Cartmel
Poor Law Union: Ulverston