Balderstone is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1741 from chaperly in Blackburn St Mary Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Balderston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1751
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1751
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BALDERSTON, a township-chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; near the river Ribble, 5 miles NW of Blackburn r. station. Post Town, Mellor-Brook under Blackburn. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,593 Pop., 532. Houses, 105. The property is much sub divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £160. Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is very good. Charities, £11.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Blackburn
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Blackburn
- Poor Law Union: Blackburn
- Hundred: Blackburn
- Province: York